Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Nakey Time

I learned very early on in this motherhood journey that babies need "nakey time".  My Mama helped me to realize this and now it has become a part of Liam's bedtime routine.  Before getting Liam all lotioned up and cozy in his jammies, I give him time to "be free" and wiggle around on the floor on a nice fuzzy blanket.  I think he enjoys feeling the textures of the different blanket fabrics on his skin, though the blankets always end up in the wash afterwards.  Accidents do happen!

Lately, I have been designating at least 15 minutes to this due to a tiny bit of diaper rash on Liam's bottom.  I read that airing out the baby bottom could help with the rash and I think that it probably has.

Liam loves nakey time.  He kicks and kicks, laughs, and talks alot.  I place a bunch of different stuffed animals or toys around him, so he can reach for them or roll towards them.  I like to put a mirror in front of him and incorporate some tummy time into the mix.

I love baby nakey time too.  Along with baby bath time, I have so much fun and find that it's entertainment not only for Liam, but for me as well.  I blow on his belly and tickle his arms, where he is the most ticklish.  I rub his back and kiss his bare feet.  His skin is so soft and beautiful.  He is flawless.     

I've been realizing now, after having so much baby nakey time, that Liam hates wearing clothes.  I don't blame him.  I'm sure he's still dreaming of being naked, curled up in a warm, cozy belly.
Following every diaper or outfit change, he puts up a fight.  After being naked he will start to cry when I try and put his arms through the holes of his onesie or shirt.  It really has become something I have to distract him during and talk him through.  At one point in time I thought that dressing a newborn was a task.  Psshh, that was easy!  Trying to dress a baby with arms flailing or when the baby actually curls up in a ball, rolls to the side, and pulls his arms towards his chest, is much, much more difficult!


He is so cute outfitted in just a diaper, I am thinking about just letting him go around like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...