That is a question I ask myself all the time when I stare at his little face. I often wonder what he will be like physically and I think that I've figured the following things out:
-I think we have the same hair. Our hair is about my color, it looks like he has a little cowlick in the front like I do and his eyebrows (that counts as hair) match mine completely because they are far apart and they flip up on the inside.
-I think that Liam will be tall because he is very long.
-I also think that he will be left handed. I have jumped to this assumption because he seems to stomp, kick, grab and overall use the left side of his body more. In fact the other day while I was blowing on his belly, he punched me directly in the eye with his left hand.
Most of all I wonder about things that I have no way of knowing. Like, what will my son enjoy? Will we go golfing together, will we play video games, will he like bad horror movies, will we both get extremely angry as we watch the Dolphins squander away another season? I also wonder about our relationship; will he be a loving or rebellious child? My wife and I both grew up and never really bucked back at our families. We had great relationships with our parents. I want the same for Liam.
Most of all I want him to have what I have. I love my father and we are best friends. We are weightlifting partners, golf buddies and I am his personal adviser for advise in fantasy football. He has always been there for me and I can only hope to do the same for my little guy. If I can do for Liam what my dad did for me then I will suceed as a father.

What a nice post! Sounds like you are a great Daddy. :) I love it when I see other fathers/husbands as involved as mine is!
ReplyDelete