Tuesday, November 22, 2011

"Baby talk"

I feel like this post is going to be slightly embarrassing.  And I'm not sure if it's more embarrassing for my husband and I or for Liam down the line....
 
Are we the only ones that give silly nicknames to our child?


It's not like one day we sat down with a pad of paper and said, "Ok, what nicknames are we going to use for Liam?"  We didn't do it on purpose.  And we didn't do it to embarrass our child.

We started out with the obvious: "Li".  Short for Liam, (about as short as that name can get) and simple.  But, then we had to give it some more "umph", therefore coming up with "Li Li" (still nothing compared to what we've come up with now).  After Li Li came "Little Li", "Li lamb", "wee one", "wittle weedle", and "woodle".  As you can see, somehow we experienced a decline in real words.

Then came "budgy", which is the name of a former family pet bird.  This stuck for awhile, but has now faded away.  "Tweety bird" was next.  I guess I was on a bird kick, since I had started using these two.

Somehow, in the last two months or so, we have come up with a name that we use everyday for our child .  For Liam's sake I'm afraid that it will stick past his toddler years...

"Toots MaGoots" aka "MaGooty"

Are you serious, Mom?!
You can probably figure out how the "toots" part came about.  My poor little baby!
 
It's so funny how one nickname will lead to another.  It's almost never ending.  I blame the "baby talk" that becomes a part of every parents' vocabulary.  And I never really thought I'd become a "baby talker".

Is it just us?

What are some ridiculous nicknames that you use for your children and how did you come up with them?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...