I am almost having a panic attack just thinking about it.


This was just a nap. And it was a long time ago.....
Since Brandon is off work tonight we are going to do this together. There is NO WAY that I would be able to do this alone one night while my husband is working. I don't think I'd be able to leave him. I would be found on the floor of his room, I'm sure. I'm foreseeing Brandon pulling me out of the nursery tonight because I'm not going to want to move. The pitiful thing is that Liam's room is right beside ours. In a small apartment, that is not very far down the hall. I could probably hear him crying even if we didn't have the monitor set up.
Please, give me some tips. I'm afraid that I will keep myself up at night since I can't look over and see him right there. Or, maybe I will end up walking into his room 10 times to make sure he is still breathing. I probably should have started this on a weekend, just in case I don't sleep.
PleaseletMEsleepthroughthenight.
Sarah,
ReplyDeleteWe did the same thing with Olivia. She slept in the pack 'n play beside our bed until she was the max weight for the top. Because she was so very tiny, I was always afraid to leave her alone in her room even though it was also right beside our room. I will say, I did find myself waking up a few times a night to check her for about the first week or two. I don't think that's something you will get around. What I will say is, because he is not right beside you, you won't wake up every time he moves or makes a small peep. I found that Olivia slept better because I wasn't touching her every time she moved to try to make her comfortable. She was making herself comfortable and I think I was just annoying her. I hope this helps a little bit and you and Liam can sleep peacefully. ;) good luck!
Our nursery is right next to our bedroom too, but Lillian has never slept in it even though she is 5 months old! We had a scare when she was 2 months old (and in the bassinet next to our bed) so ever since then one of us has stayed up to hold her when she sleeps. Now that she's getting older though, we do want to start a regular sleep routine for her. We are so nervous about it though!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with Liam in the crib! Hope you can get some sleep, and that he will like the crib. :)