Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thankfullness

This week I am enjoying some welcomed time off from work.  I am very thankful to work in a field that gives me the benefits of being able to spend quite a bit of time with my family during the Holidays.  It means a lot to me that in the future as Liam grows, we will be able to spend lots of time together around the Holidays, shopping, and baking Christmas cookies together.  We can cozy up and watch movies on snow days.  We can go swimming and play in the park all throughout the summer.  I love it!

As I'm thinking about that, I realize I should take some time to reflect on the many other things that I am thankful for since I have the time to do so.  

1.  I am thankful for my baby, of course.  Number one in my life.  I am thankful that I was able to bare (sp?) a child and that my body was able to grow him and nourish him.  I am grateful that he is healthy and growing every day.  I am thankful for his beautiful smile, the only thing that can always make me smile no matter what.  He has taught me so much about life already.  He makes me feel important and gives my life so much meaning.  



2.  I am thankful for my husband, who has stood by my side, though everything.  He has forgiven me for my hormonal fits and spurts of anger.  He has and still does do everything for me, he spoils me.  He has changed his life around for me, so that I could be happy.  I am thankful for his love.  Plus, he has given me the greatest gift I could have ever asked for. 


3.  I am thankful for my family: my parents, siblings, grandparents, everyone.  My parents raised me to become who I am and gave me so much love and support.  They have worked hard to give my siblings and I such wonderful lives: a beautiful home to grow up in, yard to play in, and traditions to cherish.  I don't know what I'd do without them.  I am thankful for siblings who are my best friends.  I love being able to go back home, spend time with everyone and laugh.  We laugh so much when we're all together.  


4.  I am thankful for my friends.  From elementary school to college to beyond, they have all shaped me and influenced me in many ways.  They are the ones who I can act the strangest with and have the most fun.  
Not my friends, but I recently watched a "Friends" marathon, so this  picture seemed appropriate.
5.  As mentioned at the beginning of this post, I am thankful for my job.  During a time when many people were struggling to find jobs, somehow I did.  I am thankful for the hard working people that are my co-workers.  And I'm thankful that there are programs out there like Head Start that serve children and families in need.  

Of course I'm thankful for many more things.  Like cell phones, iPads, ice cream, beds, sleep, cars, food, water, etc.  But the reason I am so happy with my life is because of those 5 main things.  


What are you thankful for?

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!  Eat lots of yummy food!

This was last years meal (remember, I was pregnant!) But, I'll probably eat just as much this year!


1 comment:

  1. ...If only you had the green bean casserole.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...