Happy 5 months to my little munchkin!
Earlier this week we had to take Liam to see his Pediatrician because he was running a low grade fever. Though we had to take him once before for another spur-of-the-moment appointment due to a non-stop screaming fit one day, this was a little more nerve racking for us because of the fever. When I called his Pediatrician's office we were told to bring him in and she saw that he had a bit of an ear infection. Since Liam didn't seem to be bothered by it (he was still acting his smiley, happy self) we were instructed to let it run its course before antibiotics were involved. We woke up the next morning to a fever free baby.
Since we were at the doctor's office we were able to find out that Liam now weighs a little over 15 pounds. With all his chub he is really starting to look like a little baby. You know, like, what you would think of if someone asked you to picture a baby in your mind. So much has changed in just 5 short months. Sometimes I look back at pictures and videos of him and I can't believe how tiny and skinny he was. He was so adorable then, but I think each day he gets cuter and cuter.
I remember Liam used to have all this little light brown fuzz hair all on his arms and his back, but it's all pretty much gone now. There's a term for that hair that babies are born with and I can't remember what it is called. Liam has also lost most of the hair on his head and it is now naturally styled into a baby mullet. Yes, mullet. Party in the back, that's for sure. I'll do a post on it one of these days...
The other day I learned that "raking" is a developmental milestone for babies. Liam has been doing this for awhile and it was freaking me out a little. While nursing, he scrapes his hands on the boppy. It makes this annoying sound (kind of like nails on a chalkboard). I now know not to stop him from doing this.
We have started Liam on some rice cereal around dinner time. We were going to wait until 6 months (which is recommended) but 5 months is close enough. Our pediatrician actually told us we could start at 5 and I was beginning to get anxious to do so. We aren't going to start any fruits or veggies until 6 months though. Liam is still learning how to push the food to the back of his mouth and not spit it out. I'm not sure he likes the cereal much or he just may not be ready. So, we are taking it slow and not pushing it. He gets all the nutrition he needs from his Mama anyway.



Aw, what a cutie! Glad his ear infection is doing better. How funny, Lillian has done that 'raking' for a while too. Didn't know all babies do that!
ReplyDelete