Monday, November 21, 2011

I'm late

Not "late" in the way you're probably thinking.

I'm always late, nowadays.

This is just one of the things that has changed for me since having a baby.  Here's what else has changed in my life, let me elaborate...

My timeliness.  I used to be about 10 minutes early to everything.  Now I'm usually 10 minutes late.  I always try to give myself enough time to get both Liam and I ready to go, but something usually goes wrong or I have a poopy diaper to change.

My hips.  Enough said.

My eating habits.  Sometimes I'm eating over a nursing baby, using the boppy to prop my plate.  Other times I'm eating while doing household chores.  I've never been a super slow eater.  But, I never thought I could eat any faster.  

My workout schedule.  This consists of pushing a baby in a stroller around a store.  Or picking baby up and putting him down.  Sometimes I find myself dancing with baby.  That's about it.  I used to work out 4 or so days a week.  While I was pregnant I did Zumba until I was 34 weeks pregnant.  I should probably freeze my gym membership at this point.

My fingernails.  Not only do they grow faster than ever thanks to prenatal vitamins, but I have to try and keep them short so that I don't scratch Liam.  My fingernails and his fingernails are on the same schedule.  Cut about every week.

My shopping sprees.  Now when I go shopping, I'm not as worried about the clothes I buy for myself.  Most of the time, I go straight to the baby aisle.  It's more fulfilling for me to purchase a cute outfit for Liam rather than buy myself another pair of pants in a size that I shouldn't be wearing.  I also find myself thrilled when I receive a coupon for diapers in the mail.

I have no problem looking at a poopy diaper to make sure nothing looks abnormal, pulling boogers out of my baby's nose, and spit up is just another stain on my shirt.  I do what I gotta do.

After having to bare all to plenty of doctors and nurses I barely knew, I have no shame.  And, I'll talk about it!

But, it's not about me anymore.  And the funny thing is I don't mind the changes.  I am willing to change as much as I need to, to suit my baby's needs.  That's just what it means to be a mom.

And I love it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...