Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!

Lots and lots of pictures this weekend taken of my little bat.  


Liam's first Halloween was exciting.  He helped (well not really helped, but sat on our laps and looked cute) while we handed out candy to little cuties.  I'm pretty sure though, that Liam's first Halloween experience was more exciting for the people around him.  We were all  busy swooning over the overwhelmingly cute baby in a bat costume.  We played dress up a lot, not only for Halloween, but also for pictures that will be used on our Christmas card this year (photos to come soon). 


I really enjoy Halloween, but I miss how it felt to be a kid during this time of year.  Dressing up in homemade costumes, trick-or-treating, coming back and trading candy with siblings always made the holiday fun.  Now that I'm a "grown-up" I feel that I've lost some of the excitement.  I'm hoping that Liam will bring this feeling back for me.  Though it was wonderful sharing the Halloween traditions with him this year, I am more excited for the future when he can actually enjoy himself, his costume, and the candy.  I'm not wishing away these precious baby months, but I am definitely looking forward to seeing the look on his face when he goes out trick-or-treating for the first time and comes home with a bag full of candy.  I'm hoping to become more crafty with time and create some really cute homemade costumes for him.  That's what my mom always did.  My favorite costume ever was myself as a bag full of groceries!   

What creative costumes have you made for your kids?  Give me some ideas for next year!

I hope everyone had a fun filled Halloween.  I will leave you with a few of my favorite pictures from the weekend...





2 comments:

  1. Your son is so ridiculously cute! There are no words to express how adorable that costume is. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...