Thursday, November 10, 2011

Crib Talk 3: Failure

What happened with transitioning Liam to his crib you might ask?

Well, nothing.

For some reason our baby monitors make a strange CONSTANT clicking sound that I can not tolerate, especially for an entire night.  I have tried switching channels.  I thought maybe the sound was because (since we live in an apartment) the monitors were too close together.  That was not the case either.  We use the Sony BabyCall monitors and I know many parents use this particular kind.  Any suggestions?  If I can't fix it then I am going to try another type of monitor.

I have to say though, I was thankful for another night with him by my side.  He is now in the bottom part of the pack and play.  But, I do TRULY want to put him in his crib soon or I'll end up keeping him in our room with us forever.

I am also thankful that I did not have to worry about checking on him all night because I woke up very sick early that morning.  I am finally getting over whatever it was that I had.  Food poisoning or stomach bug, who knows?  But, it was absolutely horrible.  I was useless and could barely care for my child since I was running to the bathroom so frequently.  I couldn't keep down much food and I'm surprised my milk supply didn't die off.  All I wanted to do was sleep and for most of the day, I did.  Luckily I had help which made it much easier.  Hopefully I can avoid any time of illness that comes my way from now on.  Doubtful, though.  

How do you handle being sick with kids?  

2 comments:

  1. Oh how awful! Glad you're getting over whatever it was! I haven't been too sick yet so I don't know what I would do either! (Knocks on wood.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I am finally feeling like myself again and tonight will be Liams second night in the crib!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...