Last week I wanted to do something new and creative with boneless pork chops for dinner. Now that I'm on summer break I feel a little bit more creative in the kitchen and I have much more time to prepare dinners since I'm not rushing home or going to the gym right after work. I pretty much had my mind set on oven frying the chops, but the only way I knew how to do that is to use eggs to hold the stuff on. Google helped me to find this amazing recipe for oven fried chicken made with Chobani and I was so freaking excited that I could do something a little more healthy and different from what I've done before. I created this recipe with influence from the Chobani recipe. I'm a huge greek yogurt fan and an even bigger Chobani fan so this technique for preparing meat and oven frying it really caught my eye. I shall now share with you my very own recipe for "Oven Fried Crispy Onion Pork Chops".
P.S.- I also factored the weight watchers points for all of you weight watchers participants!
P.S.- I also factored the weight watchers points for all of you weight watchers participants!
Ingredients:
5 boneless skinless pork chops
For the "batter":
1 cup nonfat greek yogurt2 tbsp TraderJoes Garlic Aoili Mustard or Dijon mustard
2 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
For the "breading":
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
2/3 cup crushed crispy onions or french fried onions (I used salt and pepper crispy onions)
2 tbsp reduced fat Parmesan cheese
*Makes 5 servings.*
*Roughly 8 points plus per pork chop.*
Directions:
Directions:
1. Whisk together the greek yogurt and mustard in a large bowl. Add salt and pepper.
2. Place pork chops in the bowl and coat them entirely on both sides in the greek yogurt mixture. Cover bowl with foil or plastic wrap, place in the refrigerator, and let the chops marinate for about 30-40 minutes or up to 12 hours.
3. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
4. Cover a large baking sheet/cookie sheet with foil. On top of the baking sheet place a wire rack or cookie cooling rack on top and spray with a non stick coating.
5. Place crispy/fried onions in a large zip lock bag and crunch them up by using a large spoon or other type of cooking utensil. Pour onions into a small bowl. Add flour and 2 tbsp reduced fat Parmesan cheese. You can also add salt and pepper to the mixture, though I did not since the crispy onions I used were already seasoned with salt and pepper.
6. Remove pork chops from refrigerator. Pick up one of the chops and shake off any excess yogurt mixture. You may end up having some of this mixture left depending on how big the pork chops are.
7. Place the chop in the bowl with the onion/flour "breading". Turn chop to cover both sides and pat onion/flour mixture down onto the meat so that it sticks to its best ability.
8. Place coated chop on the baking rack on top of the baking sheet. Continue to cover each chop completely in the onion/flour mix and place them on the baking sheet. Lightly spray pork with cooking spray.
9. Bake pork chops for about 25-30 minutes.
10. Once removed from the oven, allow pork chops to sit for 5 minutes before serving.
Top with more mustard and enjoy!
Suggested sides: parsley red potatoes and asparagus









That looks delicious! I love asparagus and red potatoes.
ReplyDeleteOmg, it looks delicious, thanks for sharing!! im gonna try it!
ReplyDeleteLooks amazing!
ReplyDelete