Saturday, August 27, 2011

Crib Talk


We are going to be transitioning Liam into his crib soon. 
He has been sleeping next to us in the bassinet since he was born. 
Before I had him, I was pretty sure I was going to have him sleep in the bassinet for only a couple weeks.  But, my feelings didn’t last.  It has been so much easier when he wakes up in the middle of the night to eat.  I hear his slightest movements and I hate to admit it, but it’s so easy to just look over and check to make sure he’s breathing!  Then again, maybe I will sleep better without waking to his little sleep coos and when his leg brushes up against the padding in the bassinet! 
He is getting too big for the bassinet.  He is pretty long and it looks like he may be starting to get a little cramped in there.  I kind of feel like maybe I shouldn’t have let him sleep in the bassinet for so long, but I feel so much more comfortable with him right next to me!  Although we live in a small apartment and his room is almost right next to ours, I feel like he will be so far away from me!  
I have been putting him in his crib for naps (when he naps).  He seems to enjoy himself and he actually has a nice mobile to look up at.  We also have some nice little gadgets in his room that display things on the ceiling and play different sounds. 
I feel like with cribs, things get pretty serious.  There are so many safety rules… bumper pads or no bumper pads, for one?  We went with not putting them in.  I’ve heard both sides on that issue.  Then there’s whether or not the mattress is firm enough or if there’s too much space in between the mattress and the crib.  And etc, etc.  I listened to many a podcast on Pregtastic about this issue and many more baby things.  So, all this is basically hell for me because I worry about everything.  And don’t even get me started on car seat safety, that’s a whole other issue!      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...