Weight lost since starting weight watchers~ 10 pounds (it's been about 7 weeks)
Pounds to go until pre-pregnancy weight~ 25 FREAKING pounds, ughh
Pounds to go until ideal weight~ 35 pounds
Hours spent working out a day~ 0 YES, 0
I guess that losing almost 2 pounds per week isn't bad. Apparently, that is the healthy way to do it. But, I wish healthy and speedy would coincide. I feel like it's taking FOREVER for me to drop the weight! It probably wouldn't take so long if I didn't splurge now and then. Halloween candy doesn't help. And make- your-own-frozen-yogurt-sundae with 10 different toppings wasn't the greatest idea. Plus, my sudden urge to bake and cook (new motherly instinct?) has come at the worst possible time. If someone could find me a healthy recipe for cake pops, I'd probably be okay. It's hard to eat just one. I eat a few and then justify it as "oh well, I've just had about as much as one slice of cake". Huh, yeah right!
A positive thing about losing weight right now is that I am still breastfeeding which definitely helps. I make sure to balance my meals and eat lots of fruits, vegetables, and such so that Liam gets all those good proteins, vitamins, and minerals. I also try and eat small meals often, to keep my stomach satisfied. I did this while I was pregnant, so I'm very used to doing it now. On the new weight watchers plan I get 47 points a day, because of nursing. Not sure what I'd do with less than that. But, I've also heard that breastfeeding can make you hungry.
In terms of working out, as you saw above I am failing. I can't remember the last time I got a good workout in. I have done a bit of walking, but nothing else. I find the days too short and chaotic to even get a Wii Zumba routine in. I know I would have an easier time fitting in a good workout if my husband and I were on the same schedule. But, then I'd have to give up the blessing of having him at home with Liam during the day.
Maybe I just need to get used to this new schedule. I've only been back to work for almost a month, so perhaps I need just a little bit more time to figure out where to fit in some Zumba here and there.
I'm hoping at least 5-7 more pounds will be gone by Thanksgiving, because I'm almost positive I will gain it back after that one meal.
If you enjoy reading my blog, please click here and click once more to vote for me! I'd greatly appreciate it!
How much weight did you gain during pregnancy and how long did it take for you to lose it?


Keep up with the Weight Watchers! It is magic/ miracle! I lost 38lbs in 5 months...you can do it!!!
ReplyDeleteI loved weight watchers. The meetings are so important. I was a life time member for a few years. I will start back up once I the baby. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteElyse