Sunday, October 9, 2011

Warm and snuggly

I was thinking the other day what the best way would be to keep Liam warm and snug in the winter time, particularly when he's in and out of the car.  I know this might seem like a pretty dumb thought, but since I am a new mom I wasn't sure what all I could do other than piling blankets on him.  When I was registering for baby things months ago, I really wanted one of those infant car seat cover things that you zip it up and the baby's head is all that sticks out.  But, I read that they are only recommended up until 6 or 8 months (I can't remember which), so I didn't get one.      

For Liam, just like many other babies I'm sure, socks are a pain because he always kicks them off.  Annnd, I know you really aren't supposed to put shoes on little babies' feet because it can keep them from growing correctly.  So, I did some online shopping, searching for some cold weather baby attire and accessories.  Of course, I bought some mittens and a few more hats and then I found some adorable little slipper type boots to put on his little feet to keep his tootsies warm.  Both pairs are sooo cozy and comfy on the inside and they seem to stay on his feet pretty well.  I can't wait for him to wear them!  


I also found this wonderful "snowsuit" type thing for Liam that I can put on over his clothes to keep him warm when he needs to be outside.  It was only $21 or so at Target.  It's kind of like a full length warm winter baby jacket connected to pants.  It is complete with a very cutesy hood with bear ears.  LOVE it!  





Any other tips to keeping baby warm and snug in the winter?  Cold weather is sneaking up fast, though the past couple days have been nice and warm....




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...