Hello,
I am little Liam’s dad, Brandon. Allow
me to introduce myself: I’m 28 years old,
I’ve been in the Air Force National Guard for the past ten years, I work as a
correctional officer and I love the Miami Dolphins, reading, video games and atrociously
bad horror movies. I met Sarah five
years ago in college and since then life has never been the same. I would like to take a chance to share a few
thoughts from a different point of view.
So here are a few Daddy Notes.
First I
would like to address a stereotype that I am sure many dads face. I work in the evening and Sarah works in the day. This gives us the perfect opportunity to
assure that Liam is raised mainly by his parents and save lots of money on
child care. While this is a great setup
I have found that it is not always seen for what it is. When I explain this situation to people,
their normal response is, “So you babysit him all day?” I feel that this is wrong. I personally think that I am raising my son. I’m pretty sure that you babysit other people’s
kids. Give dads a little credit.
Next I
would like to dispel a misconception.
Guys do talk about parenting.
Sarah has said to me that she talks to others about parenting. Well I do too. There are a few guys at work who either have
newborns or young children that I discuss different matters with. I will share the best advice that I have
received so far. A guy who has a two
year old told me how important it is keeping babies on a schedule and I have
tried to follow this. My day with Liam
consists of feeding, nap time, feeding tummy/story time, play mat time, feeding
again and getting ready to go to the babysitter. I like schedules and I try to stick to them.
Finally
I would like to touch on a few quick observations:
- Pampers are great but Target brand diapers are almost as good.
- Formula burps stink.
- But not as bad as fresh Desitin and baby poop.
- Four month old + car seat = heavy
- Babies love it when you blow raspberries on their belly.
- Babies can freak out at a moment’s notice and can then be laughing just as quickly.
- No matter how electronically inept a person is. A daddy will still find a way to take several hundred pictures of their son.
- Last but not least, Yes I am that guy who has to show those hundreds of pictures to everyone.
So that’s
all I have right now. I look forward to sharing
my thoughts with everyone at least once a week.
I love my family and I welcome the opportunity to show others just how
special this little guy is.


No comments:
Post a Comment