I did the program a few years ago and lost about 20+ pounds after months of sticking with it. The weight loss was steady and I mostly kept that weight off. When, I wanted to lose weight again after gaining some back shortly after getting married, I tried Medifast. It worked really well and I lost about 20 pounds in two months or less. It is a low carb, low fat, low cal diet. The weight loss was quick and when I would stray from the program I would gain a little back because of the drastic changes in caloric intake. I can't do that now because of the little amount of calories I would get, so I decided to get back on track with weight watchers. What really influenced me to do this again was that my points are based on the fact that I am a nursing mom. This way, I can make sure I get all of my calories to support my supply and still lose weight doing so. So far, I have lost 5 pounds in two weeks. I'm fine with that. It has been a nice little boost to my confidence and to my motivation to continue dieting. But, I still have a looonnng way to go....
Pregnancy weight gained ~ 55 pounds
Pregnancy weight lost in first two weeks~ 20 pounds
Pounds to go until pre-pregnancy weight~ 30 pounds
Pounds to go until ideal weight (5 pounds less than my thinnest) ~45 pounds
![]() |
| My thinnest~ 2008 |
Annnd... just for the shock of it all a comparison...blah..
![]() |
| My heaviest~ 2006 |
So, back to now....
![]() |
| August 2011 |
Altogether I have 45 more pounds to lose before I am happy with body again. I am going to try as hard as I can. The main thing I like about weight watchers is that you can really eat whatever you want as long as you watch portions and count points. That really appeals with me because you can splurge on cake and ice cream every once in awhile :)
My workout plan is a bit shaky at this time. I have a couple dvd's and zumba on wii to do at home. I can take walks with Liam and I can take him to the small gym at our apartment. But, what I really want to get back into is zumba and this awesome eliptical machine that is at Gold's. Because Brandon and I work opposite schedules, I can't do that unless he is off work or when Liam is six months old (daycare at the gym will care for him). So, we shall see what works as I return to work and I'm into my new routine.
Wish me luck :)



Hi Sarah! I love your blog. It oozes baby love. I have a 18 month old and reading your blog shows me that there are other mama's out there who understand what I am going through :) I'm also a blogger and would love to connect with you. . Congrats to you by the way with the post-baby weight loss, you are rocking it - I'm sure you are still doing awesome!
ReplyDeleteYou look great Sarah! I also gained a lot during pregnancy - 60 pounds! Like you, I lost 20 pounds in the first two weeks (mainly water weight I think). Lillian is 5 months old now (her due date was June 8 but she was born a week early on May 28!) and I have 9 pounds to go until my prepregnancy weight. But I want to get back to what I was even before THAT, so I want to lose another 5 on top of that. It's slow going now, but hopefully not forever!
ReplyDeleteCongratulation Sarah for your great blog. My sister is same to you and he was weight loss after two weeks of give us her sweet baby.
ReplyDelete