How is it that I go grocery shopping today and spend $350 for two people?
I guess it's because grocery shopping is just more of a hassle these days. I mean, who has the time?! The last time we ventured out for groceries was almost a month ago. It's gotten to the point that I did not have anything to eat for dinner or pack for lunch.
Grocery shopping is just one of the things we've neglected since having a baby. Cleaning the house is another. Cooking meals is another. Showering, sometimes is another. When do you learn to balance it all out? I don't mind it that much though. I'd rather just play with the baby all day, anyway. Just don't judge me if you come to my place and I'm a mess, the house is a mess, and there's nothing to eat!
Back to groceries... the plan is usually that my husband and I will go together. Since Liam has been born he has come with us about half of the time. The other half, he stays home with one of his grandparents. Brandon and I go out and make a day of it. A nice little date with some grocery shopping thrown in the middle. But, to do this, we must have an evening or day off together and since my husband and I work different hours of the day that can be difficult.
Anyway, tonight I had to break the grocery-date tradition and go get us some food. While grandma and Auntie K watched Liam, I was out spending tons of money on groceries and stocking up on everything...
The main problem I have with grocery shopping now a days isn't really the idea of going to the store, it's coming home from the store. Carrying 5 loads of groceries up a flight of stairs is not fun, since we live in an apartment building. Brandon usually carries up the bags, while I put everything away, which I LOVE doing. I have my own little system and organization to the groceries. Tonight, I did not have my husbands help. But, luckily, I did have the help of my mom and sister. If not, what would I do?
I am still quite nervous about taking Liam grocery shopping by myself....
One: Grocery shopping is time consuming and I still get a little nervous when Liam cries in public when I'm alone with him.
Two: I would have to figure out what to do with him while I carry groceries up two flights of steps.
Three: I don't know where to put him while I shop (In the cart in his infant car seat? Or on top of the seat in his infant car seat? The second option scares me a little because I'm afraid his seat will tip or fall or something like that while I'm by myself with him.) He's not ready for just sitting in the grocery cart seat on his own yet. When we've taken him before we didn't get that many groceries and we sat his carrier down in the cart. Another time we had the stroller with us. We haven't done a huge grocery shopping trip with him yet.
I'm hoping to get over these "fears" soon because I love taking him out with me. We have taken many trips with him and have gone on plenty of outings. It's pretty fun showing off your new baby wherever you go! Parents are proud people : )
No comments:
Post a Comment