Saturday, October 1, 2011

Free as my hair

Cute little mohawk.  I don't think he was too thrilled about it, but I thought it was cute!

I think Liam is losing a little bit of hair (especially on the left side of his head), but he is not the only one.

My hair is falling out like crazy!
I read that this is very common postpartum, but it just started for me, about a month ago.  At first, I thought I was in the clear, but I was wrong.  It comes out the most in the shower, but I find when I pull my hair back or run my fingers through it, I have plenty of strands left in my hand.

The worst part is that I find strands entangled between Liam's fingers or on his clothes.  When it's in his hand it is so hard to get out because he locks his fingers into a fist.  This results in me, trying to pry his little fist open and grab a thin strand of hair before he swings his arm around again.  Either I'm just slow or this is a pretty difficult task.

I try to keep my hair pulled back (maybe that is the wrong thing to do to keep it from falling out?) so that when I burp him or put him on my shoulder, it isn't in his face.  I am starting to fear that he may swallow it.  I freak if I see it near his mouth!

My hair used to be so thick.  But, the other day I found myself asking my husband if he could see any bald spots.  It's pretty funny when I think of that now.

Apparently this hair loss thing will peak at about 3 months or so postpartum and then go away shortly after.  I'm hoping the end is near.

If you haven't heard this song by Lady Gaga, you should.  It's pretty good.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...