Monday, August 29, 2011

In Training


Today was a “training” day for all of us.  Mommy had to go to a training for CPR/First Aid at work, while Daddy stayed home with Liam all day.  
I was also getting practice for when I go back to work in a few weeks- September 26th.  I didn’t do well the night before getting a routine in order and I didn’t actually get to sleep until 12, though Liam was asleep about an hour and a half before then.  He was such a good boy through the night and slept until 6 am, which he has been doing for the past week.
The day wasn’t horrible.  Leaving in the morning was not thrilling of course and I gave Liam about a million hugs and kisses before actually walking out the door. I had plenty of milk saved for him that Brandon fed him throughout the day, though the first bottle Liam initially refused.  I don’t think he was used to taking a bottle so early in the morning?  He usually nurses every few hours in the morning, so maybe he was still in that routine.  Eventually he took the bottle.  But, when Brandon called me to tell me that he was fussing and refusing the bottle, my heart was breaking that I couldn’t be there to feed him myself!  
Throughout the day I did fine.  Though in my mind I kept thinking that it was only one day of work, that I would have a few more weeks to enjoy at home with Liam.  I don’t think the reality had set in that I would actually be back at work full time, 5 days a week, very soon.  
I do have to say it was wonderful to see all of my co-workers, who have been very supportive to me throughout my entire pregnancy and now.  I did find myself missing work a little.     
I do have to give kudos to my husband, who did very well throughout the day with our little boy (from what I could tell!).  Oh yeah, and of course Liam took 2 naps for Daddy!  Brandon sent me plenty of pictures to make me smile in between my compressions trying to save the life of a “dying” dummy….
Sad face after mommy left…
Happy baby after daddy fed him….
Tummy time with Daddy….
Nap time…..
Waking up from nap time…
 And when I came home I couldn’t be happier to see both of my guys.     
Check back in a few weeks for an update on how I feel on the “real” first day back.  I’m sure it will be a different story!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...