Friday, August 5, 2011

Hello, Smiley :)


You never know what kind of day you’re going to have with a newborn baby.  Sometimes it can be stressful and tiring or sometimes it can be fun and relaxing.  Or sometimes it can be a mix of both.  Actually, I’d say most of the time it’s probably a  mixture of all those things.  Today, was a really good day.  Brandon was off work so the three of us got to spend the whole day together.  Though, I did not sleep well last night I napped in the morning and was able to function well throughout the day.
One thing that is making every day even better is Liam’s little smile.  He is starting to smile alot more now and I can tell that it is actually a social smile.  When I haven’t been talking to him for awhile or he has been asleep, I will go up to him and smile and talk to him and he smiles back!!!  I actually, finally caught him on video and it is amazing!  He even made a little coo noise to go with it.  His smile is so adorable and now I’m trying to get him to smile every second!  It’s so fun. 
So, we also had some tummy time on the floor and played around.  And when Brandon came back from the gym, the three of us just spent time talking and playing with Liam and being lazy on the couch.  Brandon and I can’t get enough of Liam, we just love to look at him and watch him make his little faces and noises.  Even his little cries are too adorable!  This might have been one of the best parts of the day because we were all together and in love <3
We went to Target and Liam did so well!  We took turns pushing him in his stroller or the cart.  I can’t imagine going shopping by myself though.  Before today I had wondered how shopping with a baby would be.  Do you put him in the cart or do you push the stroller?  It’s complicated!  Luckily both of us were there and we were able to figure things out.  I don’t really want to go grocery shopping yet with him by myself because I know that would be a pain!!!
Tonight was a night for Liam’s bath.  I give him a bath every other day, so his skin doesn’t dry out and so I don’t irritate it.   I would love to give him a bath every day because I LOVE it!  It’s so fun.  I honestly look forward to it.  At first, Liam hated baths and the water.  He would scream bloody murder.  But after he lost his cord and we could actually bathe him, it took him just a couple times and he wasn’t crying anymore.  He seemed to actually be enjoying himself.  I love just talking to him and pouring the water over him and watching him make faces at me! 
So, after the bath Brandon was trying to take a picture of me and Liam (me holding him all wrapped in his towel).  He took the picture and right after when we were trying to look at it, all of a sudden Liam pooped in my hand!  I had been holding him under his bum in his towel and he just let loose!  I could feel it dripping through the towel!!!!  EWWWWW.  But, it was hilarious and Brandon and I just laughed.  We had to get him back in the tub and clean him up again, but I didn’t mind because it was so funny.  
This was a picture after Liam's first bath.
Really, you never know what you’re going to get with a baby!  But, I want to enjoy every second, every little moment.  Even in the stressful times, I want to remember that one day this little boy will be grown up and I won’t have him so close to me anymore.  And that’s one reason why I am keeping this journal.  So I remember the little things, EVEN the poops, that made me smile!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...