Thursday, August 18, 2011

Don't you wanna take a nap, bud?


Liam is not one to take naps in the daytime. Today, he hasn’t slept since 6:45 this morning. He has been wide awake, eating exactly every 2 hours (wonder if this is a growth spurt?). But, this not napping thing is pretty typical. He will go like this one day and then the next he will crash- napping many times throughout the day. I’m hoping he will sleep well tonight. I have tried everything to get him to nap today. Walked with him in the ergo carrier, took him for a walk in his stroller and left him alone. NOTHING! One good thing is that he has never really had a problem with sleeping at night. He really only wakes once now, which is good. Anyway, I’m not sure what to do to get him to nap more. Even on days when he naps he only sleeps for a half hour, maybe an hour at a time. Then he wakes up crying for food. I wonder if this has something to do with his reflux? I mean, I’ve heard most babies sleep for hours in the day as well as the night. How am I supposed to sleep when he sleeps in the daytime to catch up on my sleep, if he doesn’t? What can I do to get him to nap more/better in the daytime?
Ohh the good ol’ days…
On another note, thanks to my aunt Annie and cousin Lilly for bringing me dinner and dessert tonight and for a very nice visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...