Today is me and Brandon’s 2 year wedding anniversary. I can remember it like yesterday. I wish I would have been doing this blog then, so that I could have every little detail written down. Luckily, I have plenty of pictures that I can always look at to remember our beautiful night. Our wedding was the best night of my life, until I had Liam. Liam’s birthday tops it now, but my wedding will always be a very close second. It is definitely a different type of feeling when I think about each of those events. Lots of love in my heart of course, for both. Our wedding was special because we had every single person we loved there, we were surrounded by love. Liam’s birth was special because I was meeting the little person I would love the most. Both events are tied together, one is the start of something beautiful while the next is the “product” of the love that we have for one another.
I like to think back on my wedding day and how perfect it was. It was so perfect for us, getting married in my parents backyard, the place where I grew up, the place that will always be a home to me. Everyone had worked together to give things an original feel, something so specific to Brandon and I. That really made it special, that we had complete control of the wedding. We did our own food, cake, music, decorations, everything. That’s what I liked most about it. We created it all.
For weeks after our wedding, I felt sad that it was all over. I got what some of us like to call “the post wedding blues” ;) It was even strange to think that it happened. It came and went so fast, after all the planning and prepping it was gone. It was the most fun I had ever had in my life! I felt so beautiful on our wedding day, the most beautiful I have ever felt. It still makes me a little sad to think that I will never be that beautiful again, that it is over.
When I think about it, I know that we will never have another day where we will be able to spend filled with all the people we love. Some have passed on, but we were lucky to have them with us on our day. In the future, sadly we will continue to lose the people we love, but hopefully we will also continue to build to our family. Things will never be the same as they were that day, but we will always remember it and how beautiful and special it was.
Though our wedding was not the start of Brandon and I (we had dated for 4 years, I believe?!), it was the start of a new life together. We have had a wonderful two years, though sometimes rocky, we have made it through. My husband has made many sacrifices for me. It is hard to explain how grateful I am for those sacrifices in the same way that I feel sorry that I influenced him to do so. I love him as much as I did the day we were married. I love seeing him as a father and how good he is at being one. I am anxious to see what life brings us, but scared at the same time. It is frightening, growing up. But, as I said in my vows, I used to think I didn’t want to grow up, that I was leaving things behind, but now I know that I am only building my life up to everything I ever dreamed it would be.
No comments:
Post a Comment