This weekend (labor day weekend) Liam attended his first party. For the past few years (including our wedding) my family has been throwing a summer party at their house. It is filled with tons of delicious food, kegs, games, and the pool and hot tub. Guests include family and friends and this year for the first time, a little baby named Liam.
Liam seemed to really enjoy himself. He wore one of the first outfits we ever bought him when we found out we were having a boy. I feel so stupid because I didn’t even get a picture of him in it or any pictures at all! Anyway, Liam was passed around and loved by everyone. I think we probable should have had a sign up sheet for who should hold him next! I really enjoy just watching people interact with him, babies bring out something different in people, in a good way. Its really cute. You can just see all the amazement on people’s faces. It was amazing to see all the love given to my baby boy. It is a wonderful feeling knowing people care about Liam and love him so much. I hope he continues to grow up surrounded by love, just like I have, with a large family and friends who are just like family too.
He did so well throughout the evening, only sometimes fussing but more so smiling or falling asleep in people’s arms. After all of his interactions, by the end of the night I missed him, for having not held him very much throughout the evening.
It was very nice for me also to have some time to spend with everyone. People fed and changed Liam for me, it was very relaxing. I nursed him before bed and he slept very well, despite the noise coming from outside his window! He even gave me a little extra time to sleep in, since I had stayed up until 2:30 in the morning!
He did so well throughout the evening, only sometimes fussing but more so smiling or falling asleep in people’s arms. After all of his interactions, by the end of the night I missed him, for having not held him very much throughout the evening.
It was very nice for me also to have some time to spend with everyone. People fed and changed Liam for me, it was very relaxing. I nursed him before bed and he slept very well, despite the noise coming from outside his window! He even gave me a little extra time to sleep in, since I had stayed up until 2:30 in the morning!
I did treat myself to a little beer, which I have not had for months upon months. I researched it a lot and there are many different opinions about alcohol presenting itself in breastmilk. But, most of the things I saw were that a casual drink would not hurt anyone. This was the first time I did it and it was beer, by no means would I have even thought about drinking anything other than beer or wine. Liam was fine, I was fine and its not something I will do every day, but it was nice to relax a little.
I do admit I did miss being able to party, party, party, but the benefits of breastfeeding are so worth it, I wouldn’t change that. And there’s always next year and the years after that. Liam won’t be this little forever.
We had a wonderful time and it just made me realize even more how blessed we are to have such caring people in our lives. I love my family and friends dearly, they have made me who I am today. I hope that Liam can be so positively influenced like I have been, by these wonderful people.
No comments:
Post a Comment