Friday, September 23, 2011

Baby's new milestones

My poor little baby had a tiny bit of a fever tonight.  I called the doctor once I took his temperature and she told me to give him Tylenol and monitor it.  Since then, it has gone down and I am hoping it will stay that way.  This was the first time he's had a fever so I was a worried.  I am always very aware of his temperature.  We have one of those temporal thermometers so it is easy to take.

Anyway, I was just thinking how much one months time can change a baby.  There have been so many milestones lately.  He's growing up so fast!



Liam can now hold his head up pretty much completely, though sometimes while walking with him he gets a bit shaky.  One of my favorite things to do is walk around with him and watch him turn his head and look at things.  He looks so baby-strong and big.  I show him himself in the mirror, though sometimes he whines and puts his head in my chest like he's shy or scared!  Other times he will see me in the mirror and smile or start to talk a little bit to one of us.  It's pretty adorable.

I also like to lay him on my chest and watch him look up at me and smile.   We talk and talk and I get to see him up close and admire his wide eyes and little "piggy" nose.  Now, when we do this he grabs at my face, especially my lips.  So cute!  He smiles all the time now.  It is one of the best feelings in the world.  He's also giggling a lot and I think he's a bit ticklish ;)

Liam is also grabbing things and putting them in his mouth.  Especially his hands, which he finds very interesting.  I saw him locking both hands together today and "cooing" at them with inquisitive eyes.  He enjoys holding his little monkey blanket too.

When he hears your voice and you are not in his sight, he will turn and try to find where the noise is coming from.  He also likes the tv.  Oh yes, he will completely stop everything and stare at it.  I think it's more the light he is interested in.  I have started turning it off when he gets too into it because I don't want him to grow up and be the toddler who won't take his eyes off the television.  Plus, I think some of the things I am watching sometimes are a little to mature for a 3 month old.  

He can sit up on the couch, though he may tip over sometimes.  He's enjoying the new views that this position brings.  While tummy-timing on his belly he lifts his head up pretty well, though he hasn't got all his strength there yet.  If he's doing this on the boppy or with a little more support he has complete control.  He has rolled over, but he doesn't do it constantly.  When he's sitting down in his rocker or car seat or lying down propped on a pillow he lifts his head forward and brings his body up.  When he's in his car seat doing this I feel so bad because he is tucked in so tight and can't do much.  It's like he's trying to escape!  The first time I saw him doing this I freaked out because I thought his neck would break, I didn't realize at first that it just meant his neck was getting stronger!

So far, Liam's growth has been right on track with what clothes he fits into, size wise.  In the beginning, he wore newborn and some 0-3's.  Now, he can still wear a few of the 0-3's and size 3 month stuff.  I enjoy this because we have been able to see him in all of his adorable outfits.  I'm pretty sure though, at some point we will skip a size, but right now we are right on track!

I have taken some videos of many of these events and maybe I'll post them someday.  But, I hate the way my voice sounds in them, so we'll wait!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...