Sunday, September 18, 2011

Clippin'


Oh how I will never try and clip Liam’s nails again. At least until he’s a bit older OR maybe not even then, because I suck at it! This was honestly one of the things I worried about most in terms of baby care, before I became a mom. Right before Liam was born, I learned that filing little baby nails is better than clipping. So, that’s what I did. Though, it seemed to take forever to get them nice and even and smooth. I would do it while he was nursing, but he would get fidgety and sometimes it was hard to get them done.
One night, I decided to be brave and try the clippers, the ones made for little babies. Liam was nursing and I went for the first nail. It took a few minutes for me to concentrate and make sure I had the nail between the clippers and when I thought for sure I did, I clipped, right at about the time when Liam moved his hand. For a few seconds I thought I had still been successful until I looked closer at Liam’s finger and saw a tiny speck of blood coming to the surface of his skin and a huge, pitiful frown on his face. Then, he started to cry. It was so so sad and I felt completely horrible. My poor baby probably wondering why Mommy hurt him while he was trying to eat!!! I kissed him and held him and told him we would never try that again.
Apparently Liam won’t keep his hand still for the clippers or the file, so I’d rather take the time and file them for now. Lesson learned!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...