Liam, who has been sleeping from about 10 pm to 6 or 6:30 am for the past week or more, broke his streak last night. While I was getting ready to go to bed last night, he woke up ready for a late night snack. I thought I could satisfy him with a pacifier, but that was wishful thinking. It was 11 pm when he started to eat and this boy is a long nurser. He will go for about 30 to 45 mins, some of which is because he may fall asleep in between, but will wake up when I try to put him down again. By the time he was finished, I still had to pump, and pack for our long weekend of which we were leaving the next morning (today).
Brandon gets home at 12:30 and by that time I was just getting into bed. At that point I knew I wouldn’t really get to sleep until 1 and even if I did I would be woken up when Brandon came to bed. I was right and I finally fell asleep slightly after 1. I was very restless the entire night, waking up at least every hour and tossing around. Liam awoke at 4:30 instead of 6 or 6:30, which I had not planned. After feeding him, we fell asleep on the couch for about an hour. At this point I was totaling in with about 4 hours of crappy sleep. After at least a straight week of 7 plus hours a night. When I fall asleep on the couch with Liam I never sleep well because my head is in a weird position which hurts my neck and I’m sleeping on my back which I rarely do.
When Brandon woke up I was able to get back in bed and sleep for about an hour. He had to leave at 9 and when he came to wake me up I was pretty much dead. I could barely move. My face had been smashed into the pillow so hard and my body hurt, I was so sore. As I was nursing Liam again, I couldn’t help but cry from exhaustion! I really couldn’t help it, but I do think it helped relieve some of my stress.
I didn’t blame Liam for my tiredness, I blamed myself. For some reason, I never go to bed when he does, I always take another hour or so for myself, to get things done. I had also planned on the sleep I had been getting for a week, which I realize I should never do with a newborn baby. Babies are too unpredictable!
After that we rushed around to get ready to leave, when I remembered when I had asked Brandon to take the diaper bag down to my car when he left, that my car keys were in the diaper bag, locked in my car! I frantically called Brandon, who was in Hagerstown. He was going to come back for me, but told me to first check if my car doors were unlocked. The man who locks car doors religiously could not remember if he actually locked my door! I took Liam with me and walked down to check, hoping for once that my car was unlocked (though my wallet was also sitting in there in the diaper bag). Luckily, Brandon had forgotten to lock the door and I was able to retrieve my keys.
Thankfully everything worked out and we were able to get out of the house in time.
What a tiring day! Though Liam has taken a nap, I have not. But, how could I when I was driving?
Although it has been hectic and tiring from the minute I woke up, I am still thankful for another day with my boy!
Please, pretty boy, sleep well tonight!
No comments:
Post a Comment