Monday, September 12, 2011

Liam's first vacation


Liam’s first vacation consisted of an extremely packed car full of extra onesies, diapers, burp clothes, bottles, a stroller, a pack-n-play, a boppy, and much much more.  And this was only a 2 day trip.  I can’t even imagine packing for a week long vacation.  I think we would have to take two cars!
Packing the car is not fun, even though I did none of that.  I was the “monitor”.  I had to make sure that everything was nice and secure so that in the case of an accident, nothing would fly up and hit Liam.  I don’t know if I would have ever thought of that if I hadn’t read it somewhere, while I was prepping for baby during pregnancy.  
I would like to call this our first “mini vacation” together as a little family.  We didn’t go far because Brandon had to work on Monday and because we didn’t want to make a long trip with Liam, yet.  We chose to go to Williamsburg, VA.  Brandon and I have been there twice in the past and it is a nice, relaxing trip and a very beautiful area.
Liam did very well on the drive up and back.  He slept most of the time.  We had bottles of milk ready for him and I pumped on the drive.  It worked out really well.  And when he started to get fussy, I just sat in the back with him.  I think he was getting a little lonely!
We stayed at a Springhill suites, so our had a little extra space to wash up the bottles, microwave them in the sanitizer bag, and extra space for Liam’s pack and play to sleep in.  I definitely think a suite is the way to go when staying overnight with a child!  
We had a good time exploring and shopping.  Mainly, buying things for Liam.  
We bought him an outfit for each upcoming holiday and many winter sleepers and cozy outfits.  I never thought that I would enjoy shopping for someone else so much!  And at this point it is so easy, because he’s not picky!  I would be walking around a store and Brandon would come up to me with 3 more outfits in his hand.  It was so cute!  And I swear, I wish I could have some of those sleepers for myself sometimes.  I love the little “sacks” we put him in at night.  They seem so warm and cozy…..  
Anyway, the trip was wonderful.  Wonderful to get away and be together, the three of us.  I liked traveling with Liam.  I liked taking him places and hearing the comments that people made about him.  The only thing I might complain about is the carseat, which I think Liam would complain about too, since he spent ALOT of time in it.  Either we were driving or we were pushing him in the stroller. (I did make a point to get his little legs moving back at the hotel.  And he did get some much needed tummy time.)  It sure is a pain to keep getting him in and out of the car or in and out of the carseat.  I am always worried if the thing is tight enough or if it is situated right.  I forgot to bring my ergo carrier, which would have been great but it was also VERY hot, so Liam and I would have both overheated.     
I am excited for more trips in the future, as long as we don’t get discriminated against at a restaurant for having a baby with us, PATHETIC.  Stay tuned…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...