Saturday, September 10, 2011

This again, Mama!?


I know babies can get overstimulated and can also be bored at times.  Sometimes, I wonder, am I boring him?  Usually, when I’m not nursing him (which is every 2-2 1/2 hours!), I try to actually play with him (unless he’s napping).  So, really since I only have 1 hour to do anything in between feedings (since you count the time from when you first started the feeding until the next feeding) I don’t have much time to get “chores” done. But, I do try to do as much with him as I can throughout the day, though there are times when I need to make dinner or tend to my own needs! 
During those times I may put Liam on his play gym or in his vibrating chair. When he’s in the chair, I usually bring him close to me, if I’m cooking or doing laundry, etc- so he can watch and I can talk to him. But, I do wonder if he ever thinks “What the heck, mom. This AGAIN?!”
He does look pretty occupied there, though.  
I do admit I have a hard time putting him down. I love to just sit with him on my legs or in the boppy on my lap and stare at him, talk to him, and play with his little legs and toes. It is probably my favorite thing to do these days!  I get to see all his cute facial expressions and smiles.  So, when I’m not doing this with him, I feel like he’s not getting enough interaction or he may be bored.  I’m sure it will be easier to tell if he’s bored as he gets older!
If only we could read little babies’ minds! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...