Happy 7 months to my little big chunker!
| Let's go Giants!!!! : ) |
I don't know when it happened, but my tiny baby has grown a ton. He is definitely not tiny anymore and looks almost like a completely different person. I barely remember what it was like to cradle a baby who fit perfectly in my arms. So many things have changed, but some have stayed the same.
Like, for instance his acid reflux problem. We had an appointment with the Pediatrician the other day and found out that Liam's reflux has not improved since taking him off of the Zantac, which may be why he stopped sleeping through the night since it all happened around the same time. So, we have started him back on the Zantac and he is now on Prevacid as well. While we were in the doctor's office we had the opportunity to find out how much this baby weighs since I refuse to step on the scale just yet and weigh him myself. My lil' chubbers now weighs slightly over 19 pounds which is almost 2 pounds more than he weighed at his 6 month appointment! Growth spurt? Maybe! He's outgrowing most of his 6 month clothes so we are now looking at 9 month outfits for the extra length. Most outfits fit around the belly and waist, but are too short.
Eating
Li is eating 3 meals a day of solid foods. I am still making his food and freezing it for future meals. It haven't found this to be too much of a pain just yet. I try to whip up something every other day and stick it in the freezer. He has gotten some of the store bought food as well to supplement when I don't have some of either a fruit, veggie, or meat. I have found that these store bought baby foods come in handy most when we are out and about during breakfast, lunch, or dinner. It's much easier to transport food that doesn't need to be kept cold and that we can squirt right into the boon spoon and feed him. These are the best for the diaper bag...
![]() |
| I've had a taste and I have to say they are pretty yummy. |
Sleeping
As I've mentioned before, Liam no longer sleeps through the night. It's almost clockwork that he wakes exactly at 12:30am and 4:00am. It could be his reflux or the start of teeth or maybe he just wakes up and needs to be comforted. It's upsetting and stressful at the same time since the nights have been so peaceful these past few months. What stresses me even more is that Liam sleeps ALOT on his belly. I was told this is fine since he can roll himself both ways now, but, I'm still am uneasy about it. Sometimes he gets frustrated at night when he wakes up and realizes he's on his tummy. In the beginning I would go in and turn him, but that just made things worse so I stopped. At this point in time we've had three scares where the Snuza false alarmed because as he was sleeping on his tummy it came lose. I flipped out, worrying that my baby wasn't breathing, but thankfully everything turned out to be okay.
I just can't wait to get 8 straight hours of sleep again.
Development
Liam is trying so hard to crawl, but he's just not there yet. He's rolling like crazy and we definitely have to be right there with him or close by if we set him down on the floor to play. He tends to lay on his tummy more than his back now, which is surprising since he used to scream his head off during tummy time. We are working on sitting up, which he can do for at least five minutes on his own before toppling over. He really likes to sit and look at everything, so I can't wait until he's able to do this for longer periods of time. He's getting so big and strong and can now put a whole lot of pressure on his legs. Sometimes I will even let go of him while he's "standing" and he will stay up for a whole second before he gets ready to go down. Don't worry, I always catch him! Looking at this picture I'm starting to see what his future is going to look like as he terrorizes us all : )
We are working on using a sippy cup, but Liam kindof freaks every time he gets it in his hands. He becomes so excited when he sees it, but then when he gets it and drinks a little bit of water he rips the cup out of his mouth, makes this squeeling noise, smiles, and puts it back in his mouth again. I thought that maybe he just had an issue with the water, but he did it when I put milk in the cup as well. I was told that at this point in time he should be getting 6-8 ounces of water a day, but he's not even getting close to that. I even tried to put the water in a bottle since he loves his bottles, but he basically spits it back out. I'm not too worried yet, since I know he's getting plenty of fluids from the breastmilk and formula. Liam is trying and trying to talk and he smiles and laughs at everything. My favorite thing is coming home and seeing his reaction when I walk in the door. It is the best feeling in the world to know that I am loved and needed.
I'm not sure where the time has gone. Seven months ago I gave birth to my son and that day feels so far away from me now. I do miss the newborn stage and his tiny-ness but I love the stage he's in now and I can't wait to see what he's going to be like in another month! <3

No comments:
Post a Comment