Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Resolutions

As I look back at 2011 I feel blessed to say that this year has been the best year of my life, so far.  It was filled with so many miraculous things, so much love and joy, more than I could have ever hoped for.  For half the year, I was pregnant with my first baby.  I felt my son grow and move inside of me.  I saw his face for the very first time, heard his voice, and held him him in my arms.  I've given him countless kisses and hugs, I've cried too many times to count (through happiness and frustration), and I've experienced true thankfullness to my parents who have done all of this four times.

I've gone through many good changes and some not so good.  Not only my body changed, but also my mind and spirit.  Though many, many other things happened in 2011 the main focus for my husband and I was our growing family, the birth of our child, and becoming parents.  I will always remember it as a fantastic year.  I will never forget the whirlwind of emotions that we experienced and the wonderful moments we will forever cherish.

Now that 2012 is here, I have a few goals that I would like to achieve.  First and foremost I want to focus on being a mother.  I know I need to work on being patient, because I get frustrated very easily.  Some of this is because I still need to learn how to balance my time without stressing myself out or feeling rushed.  I want Liam to have patience as he grows older and the only way for him to develop this is to see his parents doing the same.  I am anxious to watch Liam grow this year, to watch him crawl, hear his first words, see him stand up, and so much more.  Though it makes me sad to think that he is getting so big so fast, it is amazing watching him change and I can't wait to see who he will become.  



My second resolution is to (of course) lose this baby weight.  I haven't done a baby weight update in awhile because, well, I haven't lost a single pound.  The Holidays were no help and though I haven't stepped on the scale in a long, long time I'm fairly sure I've probably even gained a pound or two.  It's to the point where I can't stand it anymore, so I've realized that I really need to take charge.  I would love to have the baby weight gone by March, which would be 9 months since Liams birth.  I'm living by the slogan "it takes 9 months to gain and 9 months to lose", though I'm thinking it might take more like 10 for me.  By Liam's birthday I would love to be at my ideal weight, but that's pushing it.  My main goal is to lose 5 pounds a month at least.  These past few days I have started to take small steps towards getting healthy.  I feel better already!

So, when I said goodbye to 2011 a few days ago and made my resolutions for 2012, I couldn't help but feel like a little piece of me didn't want to let go of such a wonderful year.  It's kind of scary sometimes to think about the future, the unknown, and wonder if it will be just as good as the past.  I can only hope that this year will be as good as the last.  I'm proud of myself, I'm happy with my life, and I'm optimistic for the year ahead.





May 2012 be your best year yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...