Thursday, December 15, 2011
Mommy brain
I can tell you that today I completely embarassed myself in front of stranger. I blame mommy brain. It's totally real.
It all started with Liam's first adventure to Walmart. We have avoided taking him there, because well, you know how it is at Walmart. The trip went well though and we were in and out within an hour, which is good time. I had placed Liam (in his car seat) on top of the shopping cart since he isn't quite capable of sitting up yet. Car seat carriers have those little notches that keep it in place as it sits on top of the shopping cart seat. I'm not totally comfortable with this idea. I usually place his seat in the actual cart, but I was planning on getting quite a few things.
As I was unloading the groceries into my car, I had tried to pull Liam (in his car seat) off of the cart first, so I could get him out of the cold and into the car. But, for some reason I wasn't strong enough to pull the darn thing up. I tried a couple times, looked around to make sure no one was watching this weak mother try and get her baby's carseat off of this shopping cart, and then continued to load groceries in the car hoping that things would just fix themselves.
After I was finished loading the car, poor Liam was still sitting in his carrier atop the cart. I saw a small family (Mom, Dad, and toddler) pull up next to me and decided that I needed to break down and ask for someone's help. At this point I was getting nervous, sweaty, scared that I would have no way to get my baby home because I was just going to have to pull him out of the car seat and leave it in the parking lot, stuck to the cart. I pulled and pulled and I'm sure that Liam was looking at me like I was a crazy person, but I had to get this freaking car seat detached! So many thoughts were going through my head at this point, but for the life of me I could not figure out how to detach this carrier. I was freaking out (silently, of course).
The pleasant mom willingly came over to help me out. I was so thankful. For a second she wasn't sure what to do either. She searched around, trying to find the answer to my problem. Finally she said "Oh, you have to push this" as she pointed to the release button on the car seat.
WOW. I had not thought of that.
Every single time I drag Liam in and out of the car in his car seat carrier, I have to release it by pushing that same button.
Never would have thought.
I apologized about a million times for asking this lady to help me for something so simple. I'm pretty sure I said "Wow, I feel really stupid". She tried to make me feel better by telling me she didn't know how to work "those" things when her first child was a baby either.
I sure have learned a lesson. Today I do not feel like SuperMom. I feel like StupidMom.
Ohh well.
Labels:
laughs,
mommy moments
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment