What do you get a 6 month old baby for Christmas?
I know that Christmas this year won't mean much to Liam. But, it means a lot to me. This is our first Christmas together, as a little family. From here on out we play Santa and create a fun fantasy world of family Christmas traditions. The future is filled with cookies sitting out for Santa and carrots for Rudolph, decorating the house together and signing carols. I can't wait. I want to start some of these traditions this year, though I know that Liam doesn't understand. But, I want him to laugh and smile as I dance with him to "Jingle Bell Rock". And I will talk to him and teach him how to make the cookies as he watches me mix and bake. Someday, he'll understand. But, for now I feel that it is important to set the bar for what is to come. I want him to experience everything with us and get him ready for his future Christmases.
This year, I did debate on whether or not to decorate our apartment. I didn't think we'd have room for a tree because the lack of space due to baby swings, play mats, and toys. I didn't think I'd have time to put lights up. But, somehow we made it work. I felt like, if I didn't do it, that I'd be letting Liam down, that I wouldn't be giving him a proper first Christmas. But, I also wanted to do it for myself. I love the coziness that Christmas decorations bring and I enjoy making our home look pretty. I didn't want to let myself down and not do something because I am busy with a baby. I ended up turning on a Pandora Christmas station and Liam wiggled around on the floor while I sang to him and decorated.
OK, back to the beginning... I know that Liam won't know what Christmas is yet, but I want to start out traditions and let him experience Christmas. So, gifts or no gifts? And if gifts, what do you get a 6 month old baby for Christmas?
We decided not to go all out this year, since this is probably the only year we will get by without spending tons of money on Liam for Christmas. But, we thought it would be a good idea to give him some things that he will need in the upcoming months. Wrapping them up and calling them Christmas gifts justifies the random clothes and toys I've bought for him in the past two months. I just held onto them instead of giving them to him right away.
Here is Liam's Christmas list:
![]() |
| Baby Photo Album |
![]() |
| Rock & Roll Stacker |
![]() |
| Crawl Along Snail |
![]() |
| LeapFrog: My Pal, Scout |
And then, of course a few new outfits that I do not have pictures of. And I think we'll get him a few books as well.
At this point I think he will be able to tear off the wrapping paper as we hand him a gift, but that will be about the extent of the excitement, I'm sure. I know we will enjoy watching him and he will probably enjoy the crunching noise of the paper.
I am so excited about this Christmas. I am hoping that Liam will bring back some of the spirit that I have lost as I have grown up. I am so excited for a time when I can see his face when he opens up his gifts from "Santa".
But, until them I'm enjoying this face..
Also, if you read my blog please click here to vote for me on topbabyblogs.com. I'd really appreciate it! Today we are at #129- help to move us up!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment