Monday, July 25, 2011

Spit up


So, things are going pretty well.  I have been having fun lately.  I sing to Liam and play little games with him and talk to him alot.  I love watching his little faces.  He has to have the cutest little expressions in the world.  The only thing that has been a bit of an issue is Liam nursing and his spit up.  Liam has suddenly become very fidgety and frustrated while nursing.  In the beginning he will fuss alot and then after a while, he settles down and nurses for a good bit.  But, he has also been spitting up alot more lately and I have noticed that it looks like cottage cheese.  I am thinking he might have some reflux issues and I feel so bad for him because it is probably annoying and a little painful.  I will bring this up at the next doctor’s visit.  He has had some really fussy days lately.  I have been giving him the gripe water. 
Today, when we were driving back from my parent’s house all of a sudden Liam had a huge outburst of screaming.  I couldn’t put his paci back in because I was driving in the rain, so I pulled over to the rest stop and pulled him out of his carseat and held him.  I don’t know what had been wrong.  He had been screaming so bad that he was making these weird gurgling noises with it and I thought he was choking or something.  It was so horrible.  I felt so bad and I didn’t know what was wrong.  He looked so upset.  I just wanted to cry with him- I couldn’t stand seeing him in pain.  He calmed down once he got into my arms.  But, he kept having that little stutter you get when you cry really hard and can’t calm down.  We made it the rest of the ride fine.
Liam’s weight gain is great, the doctor says he is probably gaining weight even quicker than many babies.  At his 4 week check up, he was 8.3 lbs and 21.75 inches long.  He still doesn’t fit into his little newborn pants yet though, because he is still a bit skinny!   I can definitely see a change in his face.  It has gone from being smaller and more scrunched together to longer and chubbier.  He is cute either way.  
I just can’t believe how fast time is going by. It’s kindof sad to say that one day he won’t be a newborn anymore.  He is still in newborn diapers though, for now.  I actually think I will miss some of this newborn stuff.  He has been sleeping a little more at night now- last night he slept from 9 pm-4 am, but I’m not sure if he’ll do that again.  I don’t have to wake him up at night to feed him now.
Anyway, I love this little guy and I had to post today because I am feeling good and I am realizing that I can do this!  I have felt alot better about myself as a mother lately.  Let’s see how it goes!!!!….

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...