

Monday, October 11th was THE DAY!
After talking about it for about a year when we would start to try for a baby, we have acheived our goal. My husband and I decided a long time ago that we would try to get pregnant around August-October of this year for the first time. It would be perfect for my work schedule- I would be able to have the summer off to spend with my newborn baby :)
So, I started getting some annoying pain in my left side and went to see the doctor, who did an ultrasound and told me that it looked like I had a small cyst that was irritating me because of ovulation. What a perfect sign to let us know to start trying! After that, I bought an ovulation predictor kit and the funny thing is that it never told me I was ovulating. I must of waited too long or started to early and missed my ovulation date- what a waste!
Nonetheless, Brandon and I had a horrible week- we fought for almost the whole week, but by the time we were ready to go to Field of Screams and the Apple Butter Festival that weekend, we were back to normal, or even better! We went with our mothers and my sister. It was funny because my mother in law kept giving us little jabs about when she was going to get a grandchild, etc.
On Monday, I was two days late. But, I felt like that day would come where I would say “ok, we’ll try again next month”. I got home from work and Brandon and I were talking when he told me to just take a pregnancy test. We both were expecting a negative because I thought that even if I was pregnant it would be too early to get enought of that pregnancy hormone. I reluctantly and nervously pulled out the box of clear blue easy digitals (I had bought these earlier in the month). I took the test and left the room. When I came back I was shocked to see PREGNANT on the screen. I immediately grabbed it and ran to Brandon, who was shocked that it was so quick and showed him the test. He was thrilled. The week before, he had kept saying to me that I might have a little baby in there. He was so cute and so right! We grabbed eachother and hugged eachother. I was shaking, but I did not cry. I think it’s because I still didn't quite believe it. I am one that needs alot of proof!
Right away, even though before we had talked about waiting a while to tell anyone, we decided to call our immediate family. I could not get ahold of my mom I called the house like 3 times and rmy sister would answer saying “She’s not home yet!”. I tried her work and her cell phone. But, my mom tends to not pick up her cell phone. I did not tell my sister yet. We didn't want to tell everyone, just in case since it is so early. Finally, my mom called me back. By that time Brandon had already spoken to his Mom and Dad. They were soo excited and happy for us. My mom was so cute, she had that voice when you know someone is so happy they just want to squeal. I was nervous to tell my dad, but when I did it felt great. I am so happy we told them, no matter what happens now.
So, since I am so paranoid I took another test about an hour later. It was positive. I took one the next day- it was positive. So far, so good, right? On Monday, I would be about 4 weeks along. Today, I am a little over that!
We are going to wait to tell people at work, friends, other relatives, etc. It is hard to wait, but I am scared to tell people this early. Anything can happen. I am excited because I have plenty of apps on my ipod, books to read already, internet access, and netflix “pregnancy for dummies”. I know none of that can prepare me, but I am interested and hopefully it will all pass the time. I know right now, time is going soooooooo slow. I have my first appointment on November 3rd. It all seems so far away…..
I just wanted to keep tabs on myself during this time and for everyone else to get an idea of what is going on with me during this special time in our lives (if you are interested). I want to document my journey- the goods, the bads, and the ugly :)
Hey, very nice site. I came across this on Google, and I am stoked that I did. I will definitely be coming back here more often. Wish I could add to the conversation and bring a bit more to the table, but am just taking in as much info as I can at the moment. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteKarma Premium Wheelchair KM-5000 F24
Keep Posting:)