Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Munchkin Meals: Picnic in the Park

I want to thank Brittany for taking me up on the idea for the munchkin meals picnic theme!  Make sure you check out her blog (click the icon below) and you can see all the munchkin meals link ups for today and past link ups as well.


At least once a week I like to take Liam out for a little adventure.  Whether it's grocery shopping, a Target trip, or a walk on the canal I try to switch things up every now and then.  Recently, I decided to take Liam to the park for the first time since he's been able to run around.  Since he's so active now I thought he would really enjoy the equipment and a new environment to explore.  BUT, what's even more brave is that I decided to plan a picnic for us as well.  Just me and my little toddler (almost 15 months).  A little mommy/baby date for dinner.

Here's a taste of what we ate:

Sandwich on whole grain bread with turkey, avocado, tomato, colby jack cheese, light mayo (I made a whole sandwich because it was just easier that way, but Liam only ate half.)  Easy to make and take.  And as you can see a little hummus on the side (Sabra of course!)  


A pouch of fruits and veggies (I think this was the Plum brand).  The best for on the go snacks or to add additional fruits and veggies to a meal.  Liam absolutely loves them.

5 ounces of whole milk

AND blueberry Chobani split between the two of us.

Liam is a huge Chobani fan!

Although I was a little worried that I would go through all the trouble to lay out the blanket and food just to watch Liam run away to play, things went exceptionally well.  He sat and ate with me until he was nice and full.  He did end up taking off with the lunch box at one point, but eventually I herded him back to his meal.


Then, we spent 45 minutes exploring and running around on the playground. 

Liam loved climbing up the "rocks".


However, he did NOT love riding in the airplane.  I think it's pretty safe to say that this kid is no daredevil!

We ended the evening with Liam's happy dance, which included mulch being thrown in the air over his head.  

So. Freaking. Cute.

We shall be doing this again soon!

Vote For Us @ topbabyblogs.com!

8 comments:

  1. He's adorable! We have a nephew named Liam as well. :) Mmm, your Chobani yogurt looks delicious. Glad the picnic was a success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even at almost 2.5 years old Cupcake loves those fruit and veggie pouches (and so does momma!). I love that they're quick and travel well and she's getting good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait till P is running around so he can really enjoy the playground. The park we meet Dada at for picnics is gorgeous, but doesn't have a kids area so it's working fine right now.

    At ten months we still love pouches for convenience sake as well. Planning on keeping them around for a long long time. Congrats on your date alone too, we have only ever done picnics with Dada. Our solo park trips usually just involve walks or swings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope the next trip goes as well as this did!

      Delete
  4. I love your picnic spot- gorgeous! And what a good little milk drinker. 5 oz? We're working on more than a sip or two with H- haha :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At about 13-14 months he started really taking off with the milk drinking. It took him a while too. I was getting worried he wasn't getting enough milk and then it just happened! Hailey will get there. They must need some time to get used to it?

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...