I did start weight watchers for a while back in the fall. I did pretty well, losing about 13 pounds in 2 months. This was when I was still breast feeding and feeling hungry frequently. So, even though my points allowance was in the 40s I was so hungry from nursing that the weight loss couldn't keep up with my hunger. We hit the holidays and I found myself not focusing on how much I was eating. February came along and I was so involved with our move that taking care of Liam, working, and packing were the only things that consumed my days. Working out didn't fit into my agenda. I'm pretty ashamed to say that once I stopped breast feeding in late February after I had stupidly given up on weight watchers I had gained almost eight of those pounds back. It was pathetic really.
Once we moved into our new home we were given a treadmill as a gift. Our house was now much further from the gym and taking Liam to the daycare there was not a big thrill of mine. Even better is that our home is situated about one mile away from a park with a canal trail which is so enjoyable to take walks on, especially with Liam. Working out seemed easier.
I knew though, that I had to watch what I was eating. I know this from my previous dieting experiences. I eat a fairly healthy diet, but portions seem to get the best of me. Luckily summer fever hit and I wanted to look somewhat decent in a bathing suit at the beach. I decided to start weight watchers again in April. I was shocked when I realized how many points I had been eating these past months before I had started tracking. I was ready to drop this weight, drop it hard.
Now, in June if I calculate the weight that I lost when I first started weight watchers back in the fall and continuing to count what I have lost now, I am down almost 17 pounds. I am thrilled when I step on the scale each week and I see it drop down. I have been losing about 1.5 pounds a week which is healthy for my body and will hopefully make it easier for me to keep it off in the end. I know there will be weeks when I will not lose and maybe a week where I might gain (we are going to the beach in a few weeks). But, I am going to try my hardest not to get discouraged.
Here are my stats pertaining to my weight loss:
Pregnancy weight gained ~ 55 pounds
Pregnancy weight lost in first two weeks~ 20 pounds
Pregnancy weight lost on weight watchers (currently)~ 17 pounds
Pounds to go until pre-pregnancy weight~ 18 pounds
Pounds to go until ideal weight (5 pounds less than my thinnest) ~33 pounds
At this rate I'm probably not going to see that "ideal weight" on the scale until right around Christmas time. As long as I lose it, I am fine with that time frame. I'm very happy with my results so far. I can tell my face is thinning out, which is one of the first things that happens when I lose weight. I have also gone down a size, but it still really bothers me that I can't wear my pre-pregnancy jeans. I know I'm not going to look my best at the beach in two weeks time, but I did find a swimsuit that I absolutely love and feel comfortable in.
I found it at Target for $50. What I love about it is that it is made with Spanx so it keeps my tummy tight and feels really good while I'm wearing it. I love the fit, but the pattern is what made me fall in love. I really, really dig it!
I'm not the type of person to post pictures of my body until I feel comfortable with it. So, those will have to wait until I lose whats left of this pregnancy weight. I will definitely do a before and after post when the time comes, but I'm too self conscious to do something now when I don't feel quite comfortable with my body yet.
If you would like to read more about my weight loss story, please click here to read.
Good for you! I gained 57lbs when I was pregnant and am still working it off. I love your new suit, so cute.
ReplyDeleteThank you! It is so hard to lose this baby weight! I never expected to gain that much- next time around I guess I will have to watch myself more carefully!
ReplyDelete