Saturday, June 9, 2012

A Drinking Problem

I've finally gotten around to packing up some things that haven't been used for awhile...


Storing away all of the breastfeeding supplies was kind of heart wrenching and I think that's why I've put it off for so long.  It reminds me of how little my baby used to be and how much time I spent nourishing him and helping him grow.  I really do miss nursing alot.  Putting all this stuff away makes me wonder when the next time I use it will be ;)


Because we are trying to wean Liam from the bottle I only kept a few bottles in the cabinet.  He gets two bottles right now during the day- one before his afternoon nap and one before bed (of formula).  He gets whole milk (we started a few weeks early) in the morning before breakfast and after dinner, water in between meals or as needed and sometimes a little 100% Juicey Juice.  In the next few weeks we will start weaning him from the "before bed bottle" as I have read he doesn't really need those extra calories anymore.  

Liam can fall asleep without a bottle which is good, but I'm nervous about this whole thing because he isn't too fond of his sippy cups.  It takes alot of coaxing and encouragement on our part to get him to drink from them and I'm so worried that some days he may not be getting enough to drink.  Some sippys he likes more than others, but he doesn't love any of them.  I've gotten him to drink water from a sports bottle, which is an idea I read about online.  He does ok with sippy cups that have straws, but wants to tip the cup instead of suck.  Most of the time he'd rather drink out of a regular cup, but when I let him do it with a little help from me it usually ends up being a mess!  I know we will figure all this out at some point, but for now we are trying to work through it! 

I am definitely open to any tips that people would like to share :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...