Monday, November 8, 2010

My 1st appointment


7 weeks!
I went to the doctor last Wednesday (11/3) and I am very pleased with the practice so far.  They first did a pregnancy test (which came up positive!, for like the 7th time!) and gave me some pretty neat free stuff (planner, samples, a baby magazine, etc.- which I thought was really nice!)  I met with a Midwife at the practice, who I really liked.  There are about 7 Ob’s/Midwives at the practice and I will have appointments with each of them.  One of them will be at the hospital when I deliver.  I hope they are all as great as the Midwife I will have for my first two appointments.  She did a pelvic exam and said that I seemed about 7 1/2 weeks pregnant.  (I was 8 weeks on Saturday!)  Brandon and I are very excited.  I guess I’m starting to believe it now.  Though, I wish I could have had an ultrasound to see the little bean.  When I see it, I think I will feel alot better.
I have been getting a bit sick.  The earlier I wake up, the worse I usually feel.  I have been doing pretty well with not “getting sick” too much.  Only twice (once at work!).  I try to make sure I eat a little something right when I feel a bit nauseous, which must help most of the time.  Other than that, I’m feeling pretty good.  Not too tired at this point, but I frequently nap and get 8 hours of sleep, so I think I’m doing pretty good so far.  I’m trying to eat really healthy- my goal is to gain only about 18 pounds (which would probably be a miracle), but with my weight I should only gain 15-25. 
I told my grandma, last night and she was soooo excited!  She couldn’t stop holding my hand and she cried.  She told me that my grandfather would have been so happy.  I wish he was here right now.  I’m sure he already knows though and is looking down on us <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...