Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Munchkin Meals


Here's what Liam (13 months) has been eating this week.  I pieced together a few different days because I keep forgetting to take all my photos in one day!  Hopefully I will master that soon...  


Breakfast


1 piece of whole grain toast smeared with a little smart balance and all natural grape jelly, 3/4 a banana, and 1/2 cup of cottage cheese.  




Liam ate all of the banana, 3/4 of the cottage cheese, and most of the toast.  


Lunch


1/2 a sandwhich with leftover southwest and avocado chicken salad on whole grain bread, 3/4 banana, and string cheese



Liam ate all of the string cheese, all of the banana, and maybe a few bites of the sandwich.  He loved the chicken salad on a wrap the night before, but must not have been feeling it two days in a row!


Snack




Smoothie with frozen cherries and whole milk- Liam drank about half


Dinner


3/4 of a link of all natural chicken sausage stuffed with apple and Gouda, grilled red peppers and onions, 1/2 cup of quinoa mixed with broccoli and cheese





Liam ate half of the sausage, most of the peppers and onions, and about half of the quinoa mixed with broccoli and cheese.

Thanks for stopping by!  Hope to see you again next week!

15 comments:

  1. He's such a good little eater! I love that you introduce him to lots of new things too. I think that's important! Keep it up mom! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh cottage cheese!!! I bet The Pete would love cottage cheese. Munchkin Meals is such a fun way for moms to get some new ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking the same thing- COTTAGE CHEESE! Duh, why haven't I tried that yet? Great idea, thanks!

      Delete
    2. Glad I could give a suggestion! Liam was a little indifferent to cottage cheese at first when he tried it a few months ago, but he loves it now!

      Delete
  3. I'm impressed with all the interesting foods you are introducing him to! It's inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you! That makes me feel really good. Sometimes I feel I need encouragement in the cooking, foodie area!

      Delete
  4. He is such a cutie! I love the smoothie and toast ideas- I have a feeling she will love smoothies once I introduce cows milk! Also, thanks for the link to the muffin recipe- she has had eggs in waffles with no issue so I bet they would be great :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We do smoothies as snacks almost every day, too. Where did Liam get his cute cup? Sam loves drinking from straws, and so I'm on the hunt for some fun new cups for him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We need to do them more often. It's definitely a great way to get in fruits and veggies! The cup was a gift, but I believe it was from Toys R Us because I've definitely seen them there. :)

      Delete
  6. Liam is so cute. My daughter is the same age and love that she can now eat more of different things...makes life easier. Found you on MBC.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwww!!! He's sooooo cute!

    Hi! Stopping by from MBC. Great blog!
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a good eater! My little guy would pick out all the broccoli and throw it on the ground. He does the same thing with certain foods given to him two days in a row. Hopefully it's a stage :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there! Found you at TopBabyBlogs (was looking for new blogs to follow!) After looking at these pics I wonder if I'm not feeding my son enough!! He has a very healthy appetite but maybe I should be giving him more...he eats a little less and is 17 months!! Anyway, if you're looking to follow a new blog or need some ideas for healthy recipes for baby and the entire family come check out my blog www.bitesforbabies.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...