Wednesday, January 19, 2011

It's a baby boy!!!!!


Today was my 18 1/2 week appointment that I have been waiting for (for what seems forever!)  I was nervous, because I just wanted everything to be ok.  Annnd I had to drink alot of water, so I was very uncomfortable.  But, everything was perfect!  We had the ultrasound first and to tell you the truth, it was really hard to tell what we were seeing in there.  But, once the technician started to take pictures and I could really focus, I could see what she was talking about.  I was so excited when she said “It’s a boy!” and showed us those boy parts.  She said she was definitely sure, so if this thing comes out a girl, I’m gonna be mad!  I cried when she told us.  I finally knew there was a little boy inside me growing.  Now it actually seems like a little person, instead of an "it".  My husband was thrilled, it was adorable.  I am happy that he gets to experience all this with me and be by my side.  He is so proud.  He text me tonight and said he can’t stop thinking about how the Dr. says its a healthy boy and he can’t stop smiling. <3 
So, the baby is healthy and all looked good.  He is measuring at about 19 weeks instead of 18 1/2, but they don’t change my due date for that.  I actually also learned how to feel my uterus which is at my belly button now...
He’s so curled up, that has got to be uncomfortable!
This whole time I really wasn’t sure what to expect in terms of the sex.  But, the heartrate myth was right.  The heartrate was 141 bpm and everytime I listen on the fetal heart monitor it is around 140 too.  I have been starting to feel the little one move!  Really started last Friday and it feels like twitches in my belly- like an eye twitch or something.  It’s really neat!  I can’t wait until I can feel more and I can’t wait to show more.  
I am apparently gaining too much weight.  The Dr. wasn’t mean about it or anything, I brought it up.  It was like 10 lbs in 5 weeks.  I don’t know what is going on.  I am SERIOUSLY eating very well.  I balance my food groups and I eat high fiber, I don’t eat many sweets anymore and my portions aren’t big.  Even Brandon can contest to that.  I work out at at LEAST 3 times a week, but mostly 4 and this is cardio that I’m doing.  I am so ANGRY!  I just can’t stand feeling like I’m doing something wrong, but I swear that I am doing things right!  The Dr. said to wait and see what happens this next month.  I am going to try and do even better with working out and eat more veggies, though I love them and eat them enough already….  So confused.
After the appointment, Brandon and I went out and bought some outfits for our boy :)    I LOVE the Carter’s outlet… I think that will be my new favorite store.  I also started looking at bedding again.. I still like the turtles, but I change my mind so much.
Changing my mind… the baby name game…  I think we will probably go with Liam Riley Magaha, but I just have a hard time committing to a name!
Anyway, I’m so excited and I love this little boy so much <3  I can’t wait to meet him.  We are looking at more houses Saturday and will hopefully find something soon so we can start this nursery.  I don’t think it has all set in yet that I’m going to be a mom, but I’m sure that it will soon!  Brandon and I are so lucky, I just keep saying it.  We got this boy on our very first try.  I just can’t get over that, that we did this.  Good job, us!
4d image of our boy!!!
18 weeks..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...