If you're following me on instagram, twitter, or facebook you've already seen many of these photos, but I can't get enough!
By the way, this is our second Carter's costume. Last year Liam was an adorable bat. This year's dinosaur costume is just as soft, cozy, and warm. Liam loved it and seemed to be completely comfortable in it. The costumes are very affordable and extremely cute!
Anyway, I think Halloween went much better than I expected. The festivities started out a few weeks before when we visited the pumpkin patch as a family and I anxiously awaited Liam's excitement for being able to pick out his own pumpkin. I almost hate to say that I felt disappointed when we got there and he could have cared less. I had to remind myself that he is still so young and would rather be running around in the field than debating which pumpkin is best. And when I thought he would be interested in pulling the "guts" out of said pumpkin, he wasn't as into it as I thought he'd be.
Therefore, I did not have high hopes for trick or treat. I was so excited, but anxious as well. Then, hurricane Sandy hit and I thought our trick or treating opportunities would go down the drain. Luckily, the weather was on our side and Liam was able to experience trick or treat for the first time (twice!). I was very surprised at how well he did! The first time we went just the two of us in the development my grandmother lives in. We went around for about an hour, not walking far since the houses are close together and walking very slowly at that. Liam held my hand almost the entire time. He held out his pumpkin bucket at each house, picked up a piece or two of candy and placed it right in his pumpkin. I knew he was beginning to get tired when he started plopping down on the sidewalk every few minutes. Even so, I was extremely proud of him for being such a big boy. And he looked so freaking cute as well.
The second time we went out was in our own housing development accompanied by Daddy and Pappy. Once again, Liam was a perfect little trick or treater. Though it was much colder this time, he toughed it out and seemed to have a good time. Of course, he couldn't eat many of the treats he earned, but he has enjoyed a few lollipops, three musketeers, and animal crackers this past week.
Hope everyone had a fantastic Halloween. See ya next time!



Cutest little dino ever!
ReplyDeleteXoxoxo
Crystal